Friday, October 26, 2007

Goodby Max


Just feeling a little sad today because it has been a heck of a week. We decided this week that Max wasn't working out with our family. We have a lot going on, and kittens need more attention than we can give right now. Willie and Max didn't turn out to be the long lost buddies that we were hoping. Willie was already getting attention deprived, and this wasn't helping.

We put an ad in the paper, and when we got home from work, there was 4 messages. The first callback we made wanted him. It will be a good home for him, with another cat for him to play with. Zoey took it pretty well, just had a lot of "why" questions (as any 3 year old would).

So that went better than expected, but then this morning (after oversleeping) we carpooled, because we are going to friends after work for a pumpkin carving get together. Chris asked this morning what car we wanted to take, so I said his (gets better gas mileage). I feel bad because we hit a dog on the way into town. Just crusining along on 77th street about 60 mph (still dark) and there was a large brown dog dorking around in the street. Chris tried to slow down and the dog tried to jump off to the left, but we still caught him on the corner. We turned around and told the nearest house, and the lady thought that it might have been her neighbors dog. Chris walked the ditches but couldn't find him. Zoey said "that made me scared and sad" I told her its okay because I feel the same way. The front bumper of Chris's new (July 07 purchase) car is messed up too.

I feel bad because
1. Poor dog, I love dogs.
2. We carpoooled, and Chris wouldn't have taken that road
3. We could have taken my car, which may have taken the hit a little better
4. I called the body shop and a new bumper will be $1000! ouch!! (its only a cosmetic thing, but still really stinks that his car is so new)

Just not the best way to start a Friday. We do have a fun weekend planned ahead, so hopefully things start to get better.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I'm sorry you have had a couple of hard days. I hope today has gone better for all of you. I love all of your pictures.