Saturday, October 20, 2007

Circus, Circus, Circus!

Today we had our first family outing, outing is maybe not the word I was looking for, but it stands out for me as the first time we took all 4 of us out for some planned recreation. We had a great time.

"The Greatest Show on Earth" came to the Expo Center here in Topeka, and so we bought tickets. Several years ago before Chris and I had kids, we went with our friend's Dana and Corey and took their little 2 year old at the time, and I really enjoyed it, I knew that Zoey was to the age that she might enjoy it too. Cadee I wasn't so sure....

Cadee sure surprised me, she was enthralled, clapping all the time. Of course one of her favorite activities is clapping, she claps for all kinds of reasons, but it was so fun to see both kids watching so closely. Until into the second half, when the fact that Cadee hadn't had her afternoon nap started to kick in. Unfortunately Cadee has never been much of a cuddler, especially when she is trying to go to sleep. So despite all efforts of trying to hold back, she fell asleep on Daddy, except when people started clapping, and she was jolted awake flapping her arms. Zoey sure liked the Elephants show, and I think that she enjoyed it all. It was fun to eat the popcorn, watch the all the activities. And we all enjoyed the music, singing, dancing, and clowns.

I'm so glad I got to experience this with them, its a good time I won't forget. :)

1 comment:

Becky said...

These are great pictures. Thank you for posting Cadee in her Broncos outfit. So Cute. Can't wait to see all of you. Love you Mom