Sunday, November 4, 2007

Zoey & Mommy's weekend


Since Zoey woke up with "croup" on Friday, she stayed home with Chris on Friday morning (where she went into the doctor's and got diagnosed and got some medicine). And then on Friday afternoon I came home and stayed with her so the hunters could get on the road. (Zoey on Friday)



(Willie stayed home with us, what can I say, he's not quite a hunting dog!) :)

Friday afternoon was pretty quiet, she took a nap (as did I) :) and we had some Mac and Cheese for supper and went to bed really early. I was so thankful that she slept through the night and kind of slept in. So good for both of us. Saturday I could tell she was feeling quite a bit better so after a relaxing morning and nap, we went in for the matinee of Ratatioulle at the dollar theater. She was so excited and it was fun to go out and do that with her.

After the movie, I wanted to go and check out Burlington Coat Factory, the new store at the mall, I don't know what I was expecting, but I didn't find much, I wasn't much impressed. Then we went to Wal-Mart to pick up a few groceries. Of all the things for me to forget, I forgot milk! (Our house goes through like 4-6 gallons of milk a week, I am always buying milk).

It was time for supper so we went to one of my favorite resturants, Carlos O'Kelly's. The wait staff was less than impressive, Zoey did a good job, but I was adventerous in what I ordered and should have known better! :) When you find the best you should really just stick with it! Unfortuantely the second our food was delivered, Zoey had to use the potty, so that was a bummer to come back to cool food, and then when we went back to the car, someone had left me a visible door job, so that was a bummer! Such a busy afternoon we came home and went to bed, after a quick detour to Applemarket where I picked up the milk I forgot.

This morning we went in and Zoey wore a dress to Sunday school, she loved it and got all kinds of compliments. We joined Papa Craig, Grandma Diane, Gma H, Gpa H, and Sean for lunch before coming home and taking our nap. She wasn't on her best behaviour at lunch, but it had been a long weekend.

It was so great to have Cadee and Chris home again this evening. I think we all had a good time, but it was so fun to be all together again, even if it was just for a few minutes before bed.

I'm sending up a quick prayer for the girls health, that Cadee gets to feeling better and Zoey kicks this cough.

Have a great week! P.S. (Only 8 days till Garth!!!)

No comments: