Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I love you Garth!

I finally got to see Garth Brooks in concert!!! Garth Brooks has been my number one artist forever, and I have always wanted to see him in concert but after he announced his retirement, I never thought that I was going to be able to go. I couldn't believe it when I heard about it on the radio.

When Ticketmaster announced its armband policy, I was at Dillon's at 6 am waiting 2nd in line, where Chris took over for me because I had to leave town for work. Despite our best efforts with the wristband efforts, I was able to get tickets online quicker than Chris could with the wristband.

$25 / ticket!!! Who would have thought it could ever be? I was prepared to pay a much higher prices, but that was great news. We bought 6 tickets (our per customer limit) and brought our friends Wayne and Kelly and Connie and Guy from Chris's work.

Monday couldn't have come soon enough, I counted down the days and finally the hours as Monday at work crawled by. Chris, Wayne, Kelly, picked me up at 3:00 and we were off to KC!

We had lunch at Cheeseburger in Paradise at Legends (great eats there!) and I had the best drink I have ever had in my life. The Signature Pina Colada is SO good there. Pina Colada with a little pineapple, strawberry, and blackberry on top. Fantastic!

Then we headed off to the Sprint center which was a sight to see. Gorgeous disco ball looking venue. Waited in line till we could enter the building at 6. Once we got in through security it was off to the Souvenir stands for me. T-shirts, Sweatshirts, magnet, hat, key chain, CD, I got it all and then some. :)

Trisha came out and sang 4 songs to open the show despite her throat ailments. She was so beautiful! I was disappointed that she didn't come back out to do some duets with Garth later on, but I am sure that her health kept her from doing so.

Garth's show was just fantastic!! My words can't describe it, I cried like a baby. I have always wanted to see him perform, and he exceeded all my expectations. Everyone stood, shouted, and sang so loudly to EVERY one of his songs. He came out for 2 encores. I will never forget that show for as long as I live.

Sarah and Brad were so wonderful to watch the girls, despite the fact that we didn't get home till after 1 AM. Poor Chris got a migraine after the show, thank goodness he felt better this morning.

Chris was so wonderful to me for helping me make this happen and what a wonderful evening it was. I've only posted a few pictures here, but there is a link at the bottom to many more pictures if you are interested. Chris took such great pictures!!! Also I have put in the link for the article from the KC Star regarding last night's show.

When I was at the souvenir stand, I asked for 2 of the smallest T-shirts that they had, and this is what I got. I figure Zoey will probably be in the 4th grade, but I may not have that chance again.... we can always use more nightshirts! :)

To see more pictures:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=20555&l=a6b9b&id=719761904

KC Star article about last night's show:
http://www.kansascity.com/620/story/358510.html

No comments: